Tips on Skype
Skype is great for connecting with remote hosts and guests and it’s important to our Talk Shows, but it does require some care and attention to get optimal sound and video. Here are some tips:
- Raise the computer up so it looks at your face. Frame yourself so you’re in the center of the screen.
- Make sure the light is on your face, not behind you. Use a lamp from behind the computer onto your face, not behind you.
- Don’t wear a bright white or yellow shirt.
- Clean the screen/lens where the camera is so it isn’t blurry.
- Plan to stay by the computer for the whole show, and not to leave or move.
- Work with our engineer to make sure you’re at the right sound level.
- In general, use the best computer you can get your hands on.
- In case we don’t get good sound, please have a headset, with mic, ready. That will always help.
- Make sure there are no obstructions, noises or distractions in the room.
- Make sure your Skype is tuned and working, both video and sound, beforehand.