ThinkTech Talk Show Awards
2017 Community Service Awards
At our Holiday gathering at the Laniakea on December 8, 2017, the following awards recognized champions of disaster response, immigration law, medical aid in dying legislation, energy research and entrepreneurship and journalism:
- American Red Cross – Pacific Islands Region, For outstanding service to the community in responding to the disasters that threaten us; and in providing critical services to the victims of those disasters.
- Clare Hanusz, Immigration Lawyer – For outstanding service to the community for her courage and determination in assisting disadvantaged refugees, detainees and other immigrants in Hawaii.
- Hawaii Death with Dignity Society – For outstanding service to the community in its efforts to educate the community on Medical Aid in Dying legislation; and in offering advice to those who are confronted with the pain and turmoil of terminal illness.
- National Energy Laboratories of Hawaii Authority (NELHA) – For outstanding service to the community in its efforts to support the development of our state’s economy; in providing facilities for energy and ocean-related research and entrepreneurship in an environmentally sound and culturally sensitive way.
- Brett Oppegaard, Journalist – For outstanding services to the community in practicing and teaching the art and skill of journalism; and in expressing and protecting our democracy in a time when our president is at “war” with the press and treats it as the “enemy of the people.”
2016 Community Contribution Awards
At our Holiday gathering at the Laniakea on December 8, 2016, the following organizations received Awards contribute to the ongoing well fair of our community:
- Hawaii Opera Theatre, for bringing the art of world-class opera to our audiences and schools, raising Hawaii’s quality of performing arts, life and public engagement
- Institute for Human Services, for its service to developing innovative solutions and programs aimed to end and prevent homelessness in Hawaii
- Make ‘Em Smile, for integrating the joy of music into the healing process of patients in local hospitals
- OC 16, for broadcasting quality cable TV programming of community interest to more than 300,000 households in Hawaii and stimulating critical thinking about how to uplift and engage our community
- Pacific Forum CSIS, for educating the public on foreign policy issues and events in the Asia Pacific Region and raising Hawaii’s level of global awareness
2015 Certificates of Achievement
At our Holiday gathering at the Laniakea on December 3, 2015, the following individuals received Certificates of Achievement for those Talk Shows that best expressed the ThinkTech mission of raising public awareness about tech, energy, diversification and globalization in 2015:
- Cindy Adams for Aloha United we Stand
- Rhett Butler for Research in Manoa
- Justine Espiritu and Matt Johnson for Hawaii Food and Farmer Series
- Sen. Josh Green for Healthcare in Hawaii
- Sharon Moriwaki, Ray Starling and Mike Hamnett for Hawaii, the State of Clean Energy
- Bill Sharp for Asia in Review
Congratulations to all!