PUC approval of HECO grid mod plans, and Demand Response program. Last month the Honolulu Department of Planning and Permitting issued 229 permits for photovoltaic systems compared to 194 for January 2017, a year over year increase of 18 percent. In addition to the more than 100 percent increase in the number of PV permits issued by Hawaii County last month, maybe we’re seeing the beginning of a trend.
Of those 229 permits, 122 included energy storage, or 53 percent, and I expect that percentage to climb in the months to come as more and more Customer Self Supply systems get permitted and installed.
* Announcement last week that MECO is moving forward with the PV+storage project on Molokai
* HECO report on RE in 2017
* HECO RFPs for lots more MWs of RE
* Two new interconnect agreements coming out soon for PV
* PUC approval of HECO grid mod plans, and Demand Response program
ThinkTech Hawaii streams live on the Internet from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm every weekday afternoon, Hawaii Time, then streaming earlier shows through the night. Check us out any time for great content and great community.
Our vision is to be a leader in shaping a more vital and thriving Hawaii as the foundation for future generations. Our mission is to be the leading digital media platform raising public awareness and promoting civic engagement in Hawaii.