ThinkTech Hawaii awards five local organizations Community Contribution Awards
Awards recognize champions of music, social services, community-oriented communications, and global awareness and foreign policy
ThinkTech Hawaii, a nonprofit dedicated to providing a platform for civic engagement, will present Community Contribution awards to five outstanding local organizations for their dedication and service to the ongoing welfare of our community. Honored organizations include:
- Hawaii Opera Theatre, for bringing the art of world-class opera to our audiences and schools, raising Hawaii’s quality of performing arts, life and public engagement
- Institute for Human Services, for its service to developing innovative solutions and programs aimed to end and prevent homelessness in Hawaii
- Make ‘Em Smile, for integrating the joy of music into the healing process of patients in local hospitals
- OC 16, for broadcasting quality cable TV programming of community interest to more than 300,000 households in Hawaii and stimulating critical thinking about how to uplift and engage our community
- Pacific Forum CSIS, for educating the public on foreign policy issues and events in the AsiaPacific Region and raising Hawaii’s level of global awareness
“Each of these organizations represents the best of our community by raising the quality of life in our islands,” said Jay Fidell, president and CEO of ThinkTech Hawaii, Inc. “When selecting these recipients, our goal was to identify change makers transforming the way we live and think.”
The organizations identified above received an award on Thursday, December 8th, at ThinkTech Hawaii’s annual holiday party in Honolulu.
ABOUT THINKTECH HAWAII
ThinkTech Hawaii is a 501(c)(3) Hawaii nonprofit corporation organized in 2000 and dedicated to providing a platform for civic engagement that raises the level of awareness about the importance of tech, energy, diversification and globalism to Hawaii. To learn more, visit www.thinktechhawaii.com.